Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) + Scaling
This special 3-day workshop combines the Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership learning objectives together with an introduction to agile scaling approaches – Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Large Scale Scrum (LeSS), and Scrum @ Scale, with an opportunity to share and explore participant organization scaling approaches, challenges and successes.
A Workshop for Leaders
Today’s workplace is a fast-paced “race” on a complex and uncertain global field. Traditional leadership thinking and practices are failing to meet today’s challenges. Leader’s must more effectively engage employees, foster creativity, speed delivery and mitigate risk to outpace the competition. Innovation is the only competitive barrier remainin.
This Certified Agile Leadership Workshop is an interactive leadership-focused workshop building skills and competencies to effectively guide and grow agile leaders, coaches and their organizations to perform more effectively in this fast-pace, complex and uncertain environment. Leaders substantially influence an organization’s agility and effectiveness.
This workshop focuses on the leader’s own awareness and capacity to effectively guide and grow their organization’s capacity. It is the first step – the AHA! – in the leader’s journey toward improved performance and outcomes.
Agile Leadership Compass
Participants walk through a comprehensive view of Agile Leadership – first from the leader’s personal perspective in how agility impacts their thinking and behavior, then from an organizational perspective in how they can effectively align, guide and scale their organization’s agility.
The Agile Leadership Compass provides guidance for participants to explore the leadership dimensions during the workshop and as an aid in their practice following the workshop.
This workshop is designed for organizational leaders who are responsible for people designing, developing and delivering products and services for their customers. Regardless of your focus – product strategy, business development, research, marketing, design, development, quality, project management, technical operations or deployment – this workshop builds effectiveness in guiding teams towards delighting customers in a fast-pace, complex and uncertain environment.
Organizational leaders of all levels are encouraged to attend including senior executives, vice presidents, directors, functional managers, and process and program-level leaders.
Little learning comes from watching slides flash by on a screen. This workshop engages participants deeply in the content and context of the learning. Participants engage across multiple learning modes including instructor led, participant led, shared discussions, simulations, exercises, and self-reflective activities.
“This wasn’t training, it was an experience. We were never taught at, we were engaged in a learning experience in which we both participated and contributed. I have never been so engaged for two and a half days.”
– Workshop Participant
AGILE CONTEXT LEARNING
- Economic and market factors that have led to the rise of Agile approaches.
- Complexity and uncertainty of work and how that drives the need for an agile approach.
- Historical management trends and their fit with the business environments of their time.
- Increasing employee engagement and their focus on customers to improve satisfaction and outcomes.
AGILE LEADERSHIP LEARNING
- Leadership maturity & mindset shifts required to effectively lead in an agile context.
- Neuroscience Leadership development framework aligned with Agile thinking and driving effectiveness.
- Seeking and Incorporating feedback that improves your ability to inspect and adapt your own behavior.
- Catalyst Coaching approach which integrates alternative perspectives, engages others, and improves outcomes.
AGILE ORGANIZATION LEARNING
- Organizational challenges faced when undertaking Agile more broadly.
- Increasing safety, trust and collaboration between and across teams.
- Organizational cultures, structures and governance and how they relate impede or enhance agility.
- Case studies of organizations that effectively use Agile to run their business.
AGILE CHANGE MANAGEMENT LEARNING
- Organizations as complex adaptive systems where change is always present and dynamic leadership is required
- Organizational metrics which align to agile thinking, or impede it, and how they impact behaviors and results.
- Change management approaches aligned with ongoing change and organizational agility.
- Identify and reduce bottlenecks, impediments, and overall friction in an organization.
SCALED AGILE LEARNING
Workshop Summary Agenda
Day 1: Personal Agile Leadership
Share in a historical perspective of organizational development and leadership providing a current global context that is driving the need for agility.
Learn a Leadership Agility Maturity Model that fosters self-awareness of their own leadership maturity and discovers more agile thinking and behaviors.
Explore agile leadership mindset and behaviors of leaders at varying maturity levels to reflect on leadership traits in our own leadership and in others.
Practice a 5-step catalyst conversation technique to positively impact every aspect of our work (and personal) life – engaging others without micromanaging them.
Day 2: Leading Organizational Agility & Change
Explore organizational culture and structures and how they impact organizational agility, speed, innovation and collaboration.
Evaluate multiple case studies of real organizations with different cultures applying different structures to drive effective and sustaining change with positive results.
Reflect and share participant organizational cultures and structures in comparison to these case studies and other participant models.
Practice a 5-step organizational change approach (V2MOM) to guide effective and sustained change.
++ SCALING SPECIAL ++
Day 3: Scaling & Applying Agile Across the Organization
Learn the foundations, background and alignment of each scaling approach, along with the patterns they are built upon in order to more effectively apply them, and grow agile values, within their organizations.
Share and analyze participant organizational scaling approaches, challenges and successes and seek opportunities for improvement.
Corporate Education Group (CEG), originally founded at Boston University as the Boston University Corporate Education Center, is a premier provider of corporate training and consulting services. For nearly 27 years, CEG has collaborated with clients to optimize individual, team and organizational performance. Our focus is to provide relevant, actionable and practical solutions tailored to address the challenges specific to each client.